There is such nothing to this that I hesitate to make it a plugin, much less release it. Here it is anyways.
Basically, wptexturize() (located in /wp-includes/functions-formatting.php), performs certain character and text replacements that I’m not too groovy with, namely this ( ‘ ) being replaced with ( ‘ ) or ( ’ ), and ( » ) being replaced with ( “ ) or ( ” ). I appreciate the other character and text replacements that were happening, just not those. I could just as well have commented out the code for those offending substitutions in the functions-formatting.php file, but I prefer to modify the core code as little as possible.
- Download the file wpuntexturize.zip and unzip it into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Copy and paste the the code ( wpuntexturize.phps ) into a file called wpuntexturize.php, and put that file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin ‘Plugins’ page.
This is a helper function that retrieves the URL of the image for a specified category. Returns » if no image was found:
- $text : The text to be untexturized.
- 06 Jul 2004: v0.91 — The release omitted the &8221; untexturization
- 27 Jun 2004: v0.9 — Released to the public
Copyright (c) 2004, Scott Reilly
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of coffee2code.com nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS «AS IS» AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.